|Notting Hill Carnival 2007 Facts and Figures
Length and Participation
Consumed at Carnival
- 2,000,000 visitors over the Bank Holiday weekend.
- The route is 3.5 miles long.
- 70 performing units comprised of mas bands and mobile DJs and 16 steelbands participate in the procession.
- There are around 41 static sound systems located within the carnival area.
- Over 16,000 different records played and 300 food stalls.
- There are over 50,000 active participants.
- 15,000 costumes.
- 150,000 feather plumes.
- 30 million sequins.
- 100 litres of decorative body paint.
- And over 1 million hours go into making and decorating the costumes.
- 5 tons of chicken
- 30,000 corn on the cobs
- 15,000 deep-fried plantains
- 1 tons of rice and peas
- 1 tons of Jamaican patties
- 12,000 mangoes
- 16,000 coconuts
- 5 million hot and cold drinks
- 10,000 litres of Jamaican stout
- 25,000 bottles of rum
- 70,000 litres of carrot juice